Lodging, conference hall, classrooms, bench space, offices/desks and cafeteria are scheduled on a first-come first-serve basis, with some preference given to long-term users of the site. Advance reservations are required. Summer months (May through September) have the greatest number of visitors and accommodations can become limited.
Overnight visitors and researchers are assigned to a specific bedroom in an apartment. Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, including pots, pans, dishes, utensils, refrigerators/freezers, microwave and coffee maker. Residents are expected to leave the apartment and kitchen area clean upon departure. All bedrooms have 2 twin beds. Residents should bring their own bedding, towels and pillow. Linens (sheet, pillow, pillow case, blanket, towel, wash cloth) can be checked out (see fee schedule below).
Reservations should be made by submitting a reservation request form.
When filling out the reservation form, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name of user or group and affiliation
- Contact person, telephone number, email
- Dates and estimated times of arrival and departure
- Size of group (male/female ratio and student/faculty ratio) - this helps with room assignments
- Billing code (OSU or USFS) or billing address (checks)
- Principal investigator (and department) or responsible person for billing
Accepted forms of payment are the following (cash and credit cards cannot be accepted):
- OSU index code (and department)
- USFS In-Service Agreement (we can no longer accept job codes)
- Check made out to: USDA Forest Service. Check must be submitted upon arrival. When paying by check, an invoice and site-use permit will be issued.
For further inquiries, contact HJA Facilities information and reservation.
Please note that pets are not allowed at the Andrews, either at the Headquarters site (including housing) or at any field location. Some local inns and motels do allow pets, as does the nearby Mona Campground.
Users who plan to have casual visitors during their stay (e.g., family, friends) should check with the site manager regarding the guest policy. Overnight visitors are charged the same rates as residents.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FACILITY RATES WILL BE CHANGING ON JANUARY 1ST, 2019. The rates from the 2013 fee schedule listed below are valid for reservations through December 31st, 2018. Click here for 2019 fee list
Apartments: ("Quartz Creek", "Roswell Ridge", "Rainbow")
- First 4 nights of a stay: $25/person/night for double occupancy room
- Rest of consecutive nights within same reservation: $13/person/night
- Check out time is 11:00 AM, unless other arrangements are made.
Camping: (Lookout Research Camp)
- $5/night/person (group discount may be available)
- Overnight conferences and workshops will be charged a service fee of $15/person/event.
- Single-room occupancy for conference participants (only when space is available): $50/person/night
- Linens, towels and pillow are available if necessary: $20/set/person (two week checkout)
Cleaning and damage:
- Residents are required to keep the apartment clean and to leave the apartment in the condition found at time of assignment. Mops and cleaning supplies are provided for each apartment and a vacuum is available upon request. If the apartment is left dirty, a cleaning fee of $30/hour will be charged.
- Residents are held responsible for any damage they cause. Full cost of repair will be charged.
- Will be charged if the reservation is not cancelled 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival
- Bunkhouses/Apartments: $25.00/person/reservation
- Other Facilities: $50.00/reservation
Fee Schedule (effective January 1, 2013)
OTHER FACILITY FEES
|Conf. Hall Kitchen/Fireplace Room**||$35|
|Salt Salmon Pavilion||$30|
|Bench Fee (per project)||$50|
|Desk Space in Lab||$175|
|Office in Conference Building||***|
*Includes use of audio-visual equipment and room set-up.
**Fee covers up to 30 people. Additional charge of $1/extra person/day for more than 30 people.
*** Monthly rates vary according to office size ($250-400). When space is available, Andrews-related research and education projects are given first priority.
For information regarding catering, contact HJA Facilities information.