Data from the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest and Long-Term Ecological Research Site has been collected, curated, and archived for more than 60 years. Data are available for download and use, with appropriate acknowledgements.
Find and Download Data from the Andrews Forest Data Catalog
- Use the search box at the top of this page for a quick text search of database title and abstract.
- Use the Advanced Search to search data by researcher, keywords or study site. Or, browse by pre-defined catalogs (LTER Signature, All HJA/LTER, Spatial/GIS), research categories, or LTER Core Areas. The Advanced Search page also displays the top-ten downloaded databases.
Find and Download Data from the Environmental Data Initiative (EDI) Data Portal
- The EDI Data Portal contains environmental and ecological data packages contributed by a number of participating organizations, including HJ Andrews and other LTER sites.
- Information on how to use the EDI Data Portal can be found on the Resources section of the site.
- The ezEDI Data Catalog tool linked below allows users to search for HJ Andrews datasets in the EDI Data Portal by search term, LTER core area, creator, date range, taxon, and location.
Provisional, real-time data are available for meteorological and gauging stations at the Andrews Forest. These data allow viewers to see what’s happening at the site now and within a seven-day overview. Data include temperature, humidity, snow, rainfall, solar radiation, stream flow, and stream temperature.
Maps of the Andrews Forest include a PDF printable map, a geo-enabled map for mobile apps, study site maps, interactive layered maps, and ArcMaps with GIS data. LIDAR images from the site can be found in our Aerial Images pages.
Looking for some striking images of the Andrews Forest? Our images pages include photographs of the place and the people, and aerial imagery from historical photography and remote sensing. It also includes logos for use in presentations and reports.
Models and Software
During the course of our research, various models and software have been developed. These include programs (software) to process and display specific data as well as simulation models. Documentation and, in some cases, downloadable files for these products are available for use.
The Submitting data section contains information and tools that will guide researchers on planning, preparing, and submitting data and metadata for archiving. Templates are provided for preparing and submitting data to the Andrews Forest’s LTER Forest Science Data Bank and Catalog.
Members of the Andrews Forest LTER program may log into the LTER Administrative Web Page to update metadata about their study data.
Data Access Policy
Consult our Data Access Policy page before you download data. The Andrews LTER data access policy includes the release policy for data products, user registration requirements for accessing data, and the conditions for data use.
Information Management plays a major role at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) site. The mission of our Information Management program is to ensure that all LTER research data will be archived and openly available for the future. Visit our Information Management page to learn about our information management goals, philosophy,and objectives, and about the Information Management System and system administration.
LTER Network Resources
Our LTER Network Resources page provides access to shared LTER Network resources including data portals and working group products.