The USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest (PNW) Research Station is conducting outreach for a GS9 or GS11 Interdisciplinary Data Manager in Corvallis, Oregon, USA.
The outreach notice is online: https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com?id=BF7DF101EA354ED0BC87A83FA5156878
Briefly, this outreach is for a Data Manager whose job will be to :
• provide program support for the collection, compilation, storage, analysis, reporting, and distribution of strategic natural resources research and monitoring data for a PNW Forest Service Research group and a number of PNW's Experimental Forests.
• work with researchers, collaborators, and technical staff to improve annotation of databases with descriptive metadata and to archive data and metadata to online depositories.
• participate in the design, development, and maintenance (including normalization) of existing standalone and internet-enabled databases and follows data governance guidelines for cataloging data, contributing to metadata management, data lineage, and data quality.
• perform a wide variety of tasks and analyses that apply and integrate techniques including data management and statistical analysis for: database operations, data science, long-term forest and stream studies and high frequency, real-time environmental sensor data.
• apply research methodologies to evaluate data and ensure statistical consistency and accuracy.
• write scripts using Structured Query Language (SQL), R, Python, MatLab and other relevant software environments to organize, evaluate, and conduct quality control analyses of data.
• test programs to ensure accurate and statistically consistent operation, identify problems and bottlenecks in the information management system and make corrections and improvements.
• enjoy communicating and facilitating collaboration on research and monitoring projects, including advising on database design and teaching best practices for data archiving.
Please help us spread the word about this position that will be advertised on USAjobs in the near future!