Web Documents include our collection of web based documentation.
Research reports provide an opportunity to present current information on development of algorithms or summaries of large datasets. These reports will often serve as background information for peer-reviewed publications, but in and of themselves are more technical or contain a larger quantity of data than customary for peer-reviewed publications.
Periodically the Andrews experiences an unusual environmental event or a significant research finding which needs to quickly surface to the public's attention. These events may be presented in documents here before they are published in more standard literature sources. Other documentation too detailed for standard publishing may also be presented.
Software and simulation models that have been produced as part of LTER and related activities are also described and documented here. These descriptions are more complete than can be published in the journal literature and often take the form of user guidebooks. For access to the computer code to these models please see our Analytical Tools section within Data. When referencing these publications please use the citation indicated in each report.
- Permanent Plots of the Pacific Northwest, USA
- A Modular Field Guide to the Geomorphology and Hydrology of the Andrews Experimental Forest
- Cascade Center Publications (maintained until 2002)
- Vegetation change in the Blue River Landscape Study: 1998-2005 (PDF)
Andrew Gray and Catherine Miller (September 2006)
- Integrated Research Projects for LTER6 (2008-2014)
- Ecology of Common Understory Plants in Northwestern Oregon and Southwestern Washington Forests
C.T. Dyrness and S.A. Acker (December 2010)
- Observations of evidence of a snow avalanche on Lookout Mountain, Andrews Forest, 2008
Fred Swanson and Alan Tepley (August 2008)
- Characteristics of Coarse and Fine Woody Debris
Mark E. Harmon, Christopher W. Woodall, Becky Fasth, and Jay Sexton (March 2013)
- Bole Decomposition Rates of Seventeen Tree Species in Western U.S.A.
Mark Harmon, Becky Fasth (March 2005)
- Record of public communications for the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest
Posy Busby, Frederick Swanson, and Suzanne Remillard (July 2003)
- Temporal and Spatial Variability of Fire Occurrence in Western Oregon, A.D. 1200 – 2000
Evelyn L. Berkley, Cathy Whitlock, Patrick J. Bartlein, and Frederick J. Swanson (September 2002)
- Carbon Cycling in Forests: Simple Simulation Models
Mark E. Harmon (2001)
- A Chronosequence of Wood Decomposition in the Boreal Forests of Russia
Mikhail Yatskov (November 2001)
- Hydrologic regimes of forested, mountainous, headwater basins in New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, and Puerto Rico (PDF)
David A. Post and Julia A. Jones (2001)