Bird species list for the Andrews Experimental Forest and Upper McKenzie River Basin, 1975 to 1995
- PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR:
- Steven L. Garman
- W. Arthur McKee
- OTHER RESEARCHER:
- Ronald A. Nussbaum, Joan C. Hagar, Chris Maser, Brenda C McComb
- DATA SET CONTACT PERSON:
- Donald L. Henshaw
- METADATA CREATION DATE:
- 28 Sep 1995
- MOST RECENT METADATA REVIEW DATE:
- 4 Mar 2013
- Birds, Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER), Populations, Taxa, Vertebrates, Trophic structure, Populations
Experimental Design - SA003:
This list originated from a vertebrate species checklist compiled by Art McKee, Ron Nussbaum, and Chris Maser in 1976. The list was augmented in 1989 by David Fortna and Art McKee, and was revised in 1993 with updated species information by Biologists of the Oregon Cooperative Wildlife Research Unit and Blue River Ranger District. It represents the collective observations of many people over 20- plus years, but should not be viewed as either current or complete.
Field Methods - SA003 :
Nomenclature for common names follow the 1987 edition of the National Geographic Society's field guide, "Birds of North America". Species codes used are those of the American Ornithologist's Union. The USFWS Checklist OF Vertebrates, 1991, was used to quantify scientific names from the common names.
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
- Most of the bird species listed extend their foraging in late summer to the higher elevations such that they occur throughout the Andrews. Currently, 83 species are listed for the Andrews, and 164 for the upper McKenzie River Basin.
- GENERAL TAXONOMIC COVERAGE:
- Bird Species
- TAXONOMIC SYSTEM:
- GEOGRAPHIC EXTENT:
- Upper McKenzie River watershed with special reference to occurrence within the Andrews Experimental Forest.
- MEASUREMENT FREQUENCY:
- PROGRESS DESCRIPTION:
- Study collection is completed and no new collection is planned
- UPDATE FREQUENCY DESCRIPTION:
- Data is updated as needed
- CURRENTNESS REFERENCE:
- "Ground condition" is the range of dates during which the site was visited and data collected.