Employment and Opportunities - Summer 2013
- Pacific Northwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service' Hydrologic Technician, GS-1316-4
- H. J. Andrews Experimental Forest (Oregon)
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2013
- June - September 2013 (start and end dates are negotiable)
- Full description and application information (PDF)
- The Pacific Northwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service, is conducting outreach for a hydrologic technician GS-1316-4 for the 2013 summer and fall season. The technician will assist in conducting long-term hydrology and geomorphology research. Assist field crew with the operation and maintenance of the small watershed gaging station network at HJA. Duties include construction and repair of gaging stations; calibration, servicing, and repairs of instrumentation; measurement of bed load accumulation in catchment basins; installation of V-notch weirs; data entry; and stream cross-section surveys. The duty station is McKenzie Bridge, Oregon. The work site is the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest (HJA). Onsite housing will be provided.
Additional job opportunities may be found via the following resources:
- General Employment
- Post Doctoral Positions
- Visiting Scholars
- We encourage short- and long-term visits to our site either singly or in groups. Unless a specific grant is developed we usually cannot directly support visits of more than a few days. If you can receive support from your home country we are willing to consider hosting your visit provided that the area of research is of interest to our group. For more information on topics we are currently investigating please examine our research section. For those thinking about a longer visit and wishing to submit a curriculum vitae or indicate your interests, please contact our Andrews LTER lead PI.