Reservations and Fees
Lodging, conference hall, classrooms, bench space, offices/desks and cafeteria are scheduled on a first-come first-serve basis, with some preference given to long-term users of the site. Advance reservations are required. Summer months (May through September) have the greatest number of visitors and accommodations can become limited.
Overnight visitors and researchers are assigned to a specific bedroom in an apartment. Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, including pots, pans, dishes, utensils, refrigerators/freezers, microwave and coffee maker. Residents are expected to leave the apartment and kitchen area clean upon departure. All bedrooms have 2 twin beds and some are configured as a set of bunk beds. Residents should bring their own linens and towels. Linens (sheet, pillow case, blanket, towel, wash cloth) can be checked out (see fee schedule below).
Reservations should be made by submitting a Reservation Request Form
For further inquiries, contact HJA Facilities information and reservation.
Please note that pets are not allowed at the Andrews, either at the Headquarters site (including housing) or at any field location. Some local inns and motels do allow pets, as does the nearby Mona Campground.
Users who plan to have casual visitors during their stay (e.g., family, friends) should check with the site manager regarding the guest policy.
Facility List and Fee Schedule (effective January 1, 2013)
- Bunkhouses/Apartments: ("Quartz Creek", "Roswell Ridge", "Rainbow")
- First 4 nights of a stay: $25/person/night for double occupancy room
- Rest of consecutive nights within same reservation: $13/person/night
- Check out time is 11:00 AM, unless other arrangements are made.
- Camping: (Lookout Research Camp)
- $5/night/person (group discount may be available)
*includes use of audio-visual equipment and room set-up.
Facility Fees DAY WEEK MONTH Cafeteria* $165 $500 Conference Hall* $140 $420 McKee Classroom* $ 55 $165 Library* $ 25 $ 75 Kitchen/fireplace room** $ 35 Salt Salmon Pavilion $ 30 Bench Fee (per project) $ 50 Desk Space in Lab $175 Office in Conference building ***
**Fee covers up to 30 people. Additional charge of $1/extra person/day for more than 30 people.
*** Monthly rates vary according to office size ($250-400). When space is available, Andrews-related research and education projects are given first priority.
- Overnight conferences and workshops will be charged a service fee of $15/person/event.
- Single-room occupancy for conference participants (only when space is available): $50/person/night
- Linen and towels are available if necessary: $20.00/set/person (two week checkout)
Cleaning and damage:
- Residents are required to keep the apartment clean and to leave the apartment in the condition found at time of assignment. Mops and cleaning supplies are provided for each apartment and a vacuum is available upon request. If the apartment is left dirty, a cleaning fee of $30/hour will be charged.
- Residents are held responsible for any damage they cause. Full cost of repair will be charged.
Cancellation fee will be charged if the reservation is not cancelled 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival.*
- Bunkhouses/Apartments: $25.00/person/reservation
- Other Facilities: $50.00/reservation
For information regarding catering, contact HJA Facilities information.